11 Ingenious hacks all parents need
Parenting is an art – an imperfect business, learned on the job. And you need to learn the hacks and tricks fast.
Kids are fast thinkers and unlooked-for. Often, they come up with plans and executions that involve some sort of disaster. So, being a parent you need to be one step ahead of them – always.
Being parents we always need to have our own set of creative plans in place so that things remain in order, or at least semi functional.
Here are some creative hack you’re going to love.
1) This can keep your kid busy for a while so that you get enough time to get something done.
2) This is truly genius to maintain your peace
3) Now this is funny, yet alarming!
4) Watermelons can sometimes act as the savior!
5) Seriously, hours worth of distraction.
6) This is great until you lose the key.
7) Drip catcher for summer popsicles
8) For the over-creative child and to save the walls
9) Keep the chocolates safe. Level: Parent
10) To well accommodate
I’ve noticed a flood of new followers this last week…I’m guessing because the PARENT HACKS book was a holiday gift for many of you! However you’ve found your way here, WELCOME. I’m @ashadornfest, and I’ve been passing along parents’ clever shortcuts since 2005 — originally, via my blog, and now, via Instagram and Facebook. (I tell the full Parent Hacks backstory in the book’s introduction.) If there’s anything eleven years of this has taught me, it’s that parental ingenuity is never-ending. As long as new babies are born, there are new #parenthacks to discover and share. What better parent hack to share today than the tip that appears on the book cover? @ashleyannrupp found that a laundry basket in the bathtub helps her son stay upright, and keeps the toys within reach. Adorable. I hope you find something delightful or sanity-saving here. And please share YOUR OWN parent hacks by tagging your photos with #parenthacks! I always ask permission before reposting photos, and repost with credit. I’m so glad you’re here.
11) Make it less painful
Did you enjoy the tricks? Do you have any to share with us?